The term Music my Voice (MMV) captures how music can help people communicate and express their feelings and emotions.
The MMV fund is our general donation and grant fund that underpins the work of the Charity.
It complements funding we receive for specific projects or for capital expenditure. The fund directly supports the range of work our music therapists conduct with children, with the elderly and with our local community.
For example, the MMV supports the following:
- Subsidising music therapy services for individual children in special schools: schools are charged only 50% of the full fee, with the remainder provided by MMV
- Helping with the provision of therapy for individual clients, where the fees cannot be otherwise met or where additional costs are involved
- Group sessions, held in our premises (or, during the Covid restrictions, remotely over the internet). We hold a variety of group sessions, for instance for parents and toddlers, disabled children, those with mental health issues, and the elderly and their carers. All such sessions are free, and where sessions are not fully funded through project grants they are supported through MMV.
- Community musical activities and support. We run a range of activities for our local community, including a community choir and informal concerts and music-making. Costs are supported through MMV.
- Covering the costs of volunteers. Unpaid volunteers support a range of our activities and services, and the MMV fund supports volunteer expenses.